Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Real World & Bake Day

I finally have a moment to catch my breath and blog.  Life has proven to be rather hectic the past two weeks.  I finished up my classes at school and then turned around and started my 5-week externship program.

It's been quite awhile since I have worked a normal 9-5 work day.  Let's just say that it kicked my booty this past week.  I came home everyday feeling beat down.  It didn't help that my sinuses/allergies were out of whack a couple of days.  Sinus pressure and pain makes for a LONG day.  I haven't even checked Twitter in the past week and have barely touched Facebook.

Next week should flow a little more smoothly.  My body and mind are starting to adjust to the new schedule.  At times, I really miss being done with my day at noon.  Going to school was a nice little gig.

Thankfully, my Bake Day didn't fall during the middle of the week.  Somehow, it worked out to be today.  YAY!  I was eager to get into the kitchen and work on a project for The Friendship Bread Kitchen. The theme this time around is a Savory recipe incorporating Friendship Bread Starter.  I love a good challenge.

I gave it a lot of thought and decided to create Garlic Parmesan Friendship Biscuits.  Garlic and Parmesan are two of my favorite ingredients to use while cooking.  Plus, they make the kitchen smell so tasty that you almost want to lick the air.

Here's my lovely & perky Starter before the magic happens.

Here are the beautiful wet ingredients (including 1 cup of Starter).  I love the color of Egg Yolk.

These little gems are ready to sit for 30 minutes and rise.


And the finish product.  Yummy!  You can see the shredded parmesan baked into the biscuit.

Slice one open & it's ready to eat.  This was taste-tested by the Hubby & passed the test!

Garlic Parmesan Friendship Biscuits

Ingredients:

1 cup Amish Friendship Bread starter
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup oil
¼ stick butter, melted
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
2 cloves of garlic (freshly minced)
1 tsp garlic powder (add to melted butter)


Directions
  1. Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
  2. Combine all wet ingredients except butter in a medium-size bowl.
  3. Combine all dry ingredients (minus the cheese & garlic) in a larger bowl and make a well in the center.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and whisk until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
  5. Add cheese & garlic to the dough and mix in to distribute evenly
  6. Transfer dough mixture to a lightly-floured surface and roll (or pat with your hands) to 1/2-inch thickness.
  7. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
  8. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter. Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
  9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, removing when the tops are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
  10. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment