Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friendship Bread: A Novel - The Review

I finally found time to write a review of Friendship Bread: A Novel today.  Since starting my externship for school two weeks ago, I haven't had much time to blog.  I thought I would share the review on here as well.  I truly loved the book and highly recommend it.

Once in a blue moon, a novel comes along that reaches down deep and touches your soul. Friendship Bread: A Novel is indeed that book.

Typically, I prefer to read "lighter, fluffier" sorts of books. I'm more of a romantic-comedy kind of girl and don't often venture into dramatic pieces. I'm thankful that I made an exception for Friendship Bread.

From the moment I opened the beautiful book, I didn't want to put it down. It takes you on an emotion filled journey and tugs on your heart-strings in unexpected ways. The characters all have their own unique story lines, but Darien does a wonderful job of weaving them all together into a heart-felt message of encouragement and hope.

Whether you are a fan/avid baker of Amish Friendship Bread already or have simply heard rumors of this mysterious chain-letter type goodie, you owe it to yourself to read this book. You will laugh. You will cry. You will have a serious craving for desserts. Most importantly, you will be reminded of what really matters in life. Love, Hope, Friendship & of course Bread.

For those who have never baked Amish Friendship Bread (but will most certainly want to after reading the book), will find recipes at the back of the book including the Starter recipe, Traditional recipe and a variety of variations. You'll be hooked on the bread in no time!

This is a book that you will want to share with friends and family. It's a perfect Book Club choice. Pass it and a loaf of Amish Friendship Bread on to a friend and watch the magic happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment