Look at the Yumminess!!!! These crepes are filled with peaches & cherries. Personally, I think I'd fill them with strawberries & bananas. I'm salivating at the thought.
Chocolate Fruit Crepes
- 10 Servings
- Prep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa; add to buttermilk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pie filling, peaches and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in extract. Spoon 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe. Fold sides of crepe over filling. Drizzle with ice cream topping and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 filled crepes (calculated without whipped cream) equals 241 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.