Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moody Starter



This is my Starter for Amish Friendship Bread.  If you do not know the joys of Amish Friendship Bread, I urge you to head on over to The Friendship Bread Kitchen.  You will be forever changed!

Normally, my Starter is quite the happy little entity.  Some might even describe it as "perky".  Today, however, it appeared to be moody.  When I went to give it a daily stir, I noticed down at the bottom of the jar (and sadly I did not think to capture an image of it) that it almost looked to be separating from itself.  Imagine fat rising to the surface.  That's what it reminded me of, but at the bottom of the jar rather then the top.  Maybe my dear Starter knows that in a few days it will be transformed and the anticipation was too much for it.

When I opened the jar, it smelled and looked completely normal.  See how it's bubbling in excitement?


I gave it a good stir and it quickly went back to being it's normal happy self.  I'm going to keep a close eye on it in case it needs to be put in a time-out.  I'm not raising a moody Starter that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Come over and link up all your AFB post Rachel! I get a lot of visits and hits on these so a few more will stop in and visit your blog! (By tomorrow you can have a Friendship Bread Kitchen Button for you blog. We're playing with a few designs!)

    http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/search/label/Amish%20Friendship%20Bread%20Link%20up

    ReplyDelete