Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back To Reality

I had a wonderful long weekend with my parents, but sadly had to put them back on a plane for Indiana yesterday.  I miss them already!

What can a girl do to cheer herself up?  BAKE!

I was hoping my Mom and I would have a chance to bake up some Amish Friendship Bread this weekend, but we were so busy doing everything else.  It's rare for me not to bake on Day 10.  I think I was starting to go into withdraw.

I took my sad little self into the kitchen and poured my heart into baking up 7 mini-loaves of Cinnamon Raisin AFB.  I was just going to do the traditional "original" version, but the box of Golden Raisins sitting on my counter called out to me.  Who could blame them for wanting to join the party?


I have had these adorable little treat bags stashed away in my pantry.  I asked the Hubby if he'd like to take some loaves to work with him.  I think the members of his department will appreciate a taste of heaven.  If they don't, there is something wrong with them!

I stashed one loaf away to either put in the freezer as a treat for myself (once I've made a little more progress on my diet) or to give to a friend.

If I haven't mentioned it before, anyone who is a fan of Friendship Bread or would like to learn more about it should immediately (after you've finished reading this post) head on over to The Friendship Bread Kitchen.  You'll be glad you did.  It's a beautiful site loaded with tons of useful AFB info as well as over 100 recipe variations.

I still feel blue about my parents going back home, but I did enjoy my time in the kitchen tonight.  I'm looking forward to my next Bake Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment