Friday, March 18, 2011

Bake Day!

Today was my Bake Day for Amish Friendship Bread.  I decided to try out a new variation that I thought would be wonderful for Mother's Day celebrations.  Trust me, this recipe is good any day of the week but Moms would go wild for this on their special day.




That's my happy little Starter ready to do it's job.  It has been waiting for 10 days now & couldn't contain itself any longer.




Here are my spare Starters ready to go in the freezer.  I don't have anyone to give them to around here right now.  Plus, I want to use one while my parents are visiting next weekend.  Can you tell I'm not a good aim when it comes to getting it neatly in the Ziploc bag?




Any idea what this is going to be???  Don't worry, I'll tell you...




Still guessing?  This lovely pan is going to turn into delicious Chocolate Craisin AFB Muffins.  Is your mouth watering yet?  It should be.




Here we are up close & personal with the finished product.  This tasty morsel does not disappoint.


I also baked two loaves of Chocolate Craisin AFB Bread as well.  I haven't decided where all these lovely little treats are going to end up, but I'm sure I can find them happy homes.




And here's my lovely Starter back in it's jar.  Thankful to be saved & live another day...10 days to be exact.


RECIPE:


Chocolate Craisin AFB Bread

Ingredients
   1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
   3 eggs
   1 cup oil
   1/2 cup milk
   1 cup sugar or Splenda
   2 teaspoon vanilla
   1 tsp cinnamon (can be omitted)
   2 cups all-purpose flour
   1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
   1/2 teaspoon baking soda
   1/2 teaspoon salt
   1 small box chocolate instant pudding (may use 2)
   1/2 cup cocoa powder
   1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
   1 cup craisins


Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 325° F (165° C).
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the starter, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until everything is well combined.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cocoa and pudding mix. Add the starter mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until the batter just barely comes together. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and craisins.  
  4. Grease the muffin tins and fill each one half way.
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Let them sit in the tin for 3-5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
  6. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I did this over Christmas. I'll have to do it again! I never thought of adding things to the bread...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keli, I never grow tired of adding new ingredients to my Friendship Breads. :)

    ReplyDelete